MY PAGES:


Thursday, August 17, 2017

LIFE | A TRANSPARENT REFLECTION AS I AGE ANOTHER YEAR


Happy August 17TH, Blogland!

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY, WHICH IS ODD FOR ME TO SAY BECAUSE I'M THE LAST TO TELL PEOPLE OR EVEN CELEBRATE IT, ESPECIALLY SINCE ENTERING MY 30'S.

SO, THE REASON I DO MENTION IT, IS NOT FOR RECOGNITION. I AM DEFINITELY NOT ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE WHO CELEBRATES MYSELF AND MY BIRTHDAY OUT LOUD, LET ALONE FOR AN ENTIRE WEEK OR MONTH.

I ONLY MENTION IT THIS YEAR TO HELP YOU UNDERSTAND WHY THIS LIFE UPDATE POST IS ONE OF TRUE PERSONAL REFLECTION.
DRESS: FRANCESCA'S  |  SUNGLASSES: LAUNDRY BY SHELLI SEGAL


MANY BIG CHANGES HAVE HAPPENED THIS YEAR already. STARTING MY PARENTS SELLING MY CHILDHOOD HOME, AND ANOTHER IS ON THE HORIZON WITH DESTINATION DENVER HAPPENING NEXT MONTH AND A NEW CHAPTER UNFOLDING.

ALTHOUGH THIS IS AN EXCITING TIME, IT IS ANXIETY DRIVEN AS WELL. ANXIETY IS SOMETHING I HAVE ONLY BECOME CONSCIOUS OF IN THE PAST COUPLE OF YEARS, AS IT SEEMS TO HAVE GROWN IN ME WITH AGE, THOUGH FEW SEE IT ON THE OUTSIDE.

SINCE 2009, WHEN I BEGAN THIS BLOG, IT HAS BEEN a place for me to OPENLY EXPRESS MYSELF, which is very THERAPEUTIC, and connect with each of you. I HAVE really enjoyed following SO many of your personal journeys through OUR INTERACTION HERE AND ON your own blogs.

Especially during what I refer to as the golden age of blogging, befoRe everyone seemed to have one, AND CLOSER CONNECTIONS WERE MADE.  YET, IT HAS ALL Brought me so much joy OVER THE YEARS BECOMING A PASSION PROJECT.

My life IS displayed in this space through pictures, words, videos and more, which HAS OFFERED me a way to document my own adventureS through THIS life, WHILE ALSO interactING more directly with each of you.  

I got to know some great people through this medium, like...


Anna Saccone (one of my 1ST supporters)
from Anna Saccone Joly
(previously KNOWN AS The Style Diet) 

Maegan Tintari

Mara Ferreira
from M Loves M

EMILY SADLOW

COURTNEY BINKERHOFF

Adeola

Melissa Blake

Tamara Anderson

Megan and Whitney

Rhiannon Nicole
(PREVIOUSLY HEY GORGEOUS EVENTS)

Anna White
from Lona de Anna 

Rosie von Waldherr
from Rosie's Life 

Shaylyn Nelson
from So Shay

Jacin Fitzgerald
(previously known as Lovely Little Details)

Whitney Street

Nicholas Walker

Minette


. . . Along with Rebecca Taylor, EMMINA 'M-INA' SACCONE, MEG HENNING, Shaylynn, Patricia and many more, THROUGH COMMENTS, SOCIAL MEDIA AND OTHER BLOGGERS, who Have each become WHAT I CONSIDER Friends OFFERING such genuine support in their own WONDERFUL ways.

To think these great relationships all started due to opening a blog, back BEFORE MANY KNEW WHAT THEY WERE, ON A WHIM SO MANY MOONS AGO.

I've watch many of you find love, get engaged, married, have baby 1, 2, and even 3, AND I HAVE experienced SOME ONCE IN A LIFE TIME MOMENTS AS WELL AS heartbreak, MULTIPLE moves, rough roads and STRUGGLED WITH A lack of direction, SOMETHING I THINK MANY CREATIVE SOLES AT HEART EXPERIENCE.

YET, I CONTINUE TO CHANGE, REARRANGE AND SMILE BECAUSE I ALSO KNOW HOW FORTUNATE AND LUCKY I AM TO HAVE SUCH AN INCREDIBLE FAMILY AND FRIENDS, FOR WHICH I AM SO GRATEFUL.

life's highs and lows, allow us to learn and grow. I TRULY BELIVE THAT THINGS HAPPEN FOR A REASON, EVEN IF WE DON'T ALWAYS KNOW WHY. IN TIME, I LIKE TO THINK THEY REVEAL THEMSELVES AND WERE LEADING US EXACTLY WHERE WE NEEDed TO BE.  PERHAPS IT OFFERS HOPE, AND HOPE IS A MAGICAL THING AND WHAT I THINK EACH OF US NEEDS.

AS I CONTINUE TO FIND MY WAY AND PLACE IN THIS LIFE, Looking back ON THE EVOLUTION OF THIS BLOG AND MY PAST HAS allowED me to see how much strength I've gained and how much I have evolved as a person OVER THE YEARS, despite A COUPLE VERY DIFFICULT AND BROKEN TIMES NOT LONG AGO.

FROM TODAY, I CHOOSE TO DO MY BEST TO REALLY TAKE FULL ADVANTAGE OF EVERY MOMENT, get out there and explore my new home in denver, meet new people, share my creativity, continue to better this blog and grow my ETSY SHOP AND SENSIBLE STYLE business, and take life by the horns, so to speak.

I'M EXCITED TO SEE WHERE I AM ON AUGUST 17, 2018, AND I HOPE YOU WILL JOIN ME ON MY JOURNEY UNTIL THEN TO SEE HOW IT ALL PLAYS OUT! 

2 comments :

  1. I love that you were so honest in this post! I'm 31 and anxiety is something that has gotten worse for me over the last few years as well. I commend you for being vulnerable and putting some of that out on your blog! It's also amazing the type of connections one can make through blogging. I agree with what you said about the time of when you started blogging being a more close knitted community at that point.

    On a lighter note, I really like your sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Tasha, what a wonderful, sweet, thoughtful and lovely comment to get, thank you so much! :)

      Your words mean so much to me, and it is so nice to hear that others out there go through similar things...it is through vulnerable times that I think others can better get to know you in life, and that is one direction I wanted to go with my blog from time to time. It means a lot that it meant something to you and that you understand how blogging was before and agree, thought perhaps it was only I.

      Big hugs to you, and thank you again! I got the sunglasses at TJ Maxx and have kind of fallen in love with them, I wish I had an extra pair! If I happen across them online, I'll send you a link to them!

      Have a Wonderful Weekend ahead! :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to look at my little spot in blogland!

I welcome all comments and thoughts and look forward to hearing from you! :)

by Liesl Ehardt